2HD FAST FACTS:
- 2HD is Australia’s 2nd oldest existing radio station.
- 2HD’s original frequency was 1140Khz however a shift was required to make room for additional Sydney radio stations.
- 2HD broadcasts on 1143Khz from our Sandgate transmission facilities with the main broadcast tower standing 140mtrs. The tower is visible from Port Stephens in the north and Charlestown to the south at night with 12 red LED Aircraft warning lights. 2HD also broadcasts on 97.5 FM in the Port Stephens area.
- 2HD is the Official Radio Station for the Newcastle Knights.
- The 2HD Studios have been located at on the same site for over 80 years.