A man has been charged with a number of offences after being arrested by police in related to a series of break and enters across Newcastle.
Police will allege a credit card was stolen from a parked car on Mawson Street on 11 June, and was used to buy goods in stores across the region.
Its also alleged a property on Beach Street, Newcastle East, was broken into on 21 June and items including electronic equipment, credit cards and other items were packed into the homeowner’s 4WD and driven off.
An investigation into the theft was initiated, and a 19-year-old man was arrested in Mayfield at around 6:30pm on Monday night.
He was taken to Waratah Police Station where he was charged with nine offences:
• Aggravated break and enter dwelling in company/steal
• Dishonestly obtain property by deception (five counts)
• Receive property-theft/serious indictable offence
• Be carried in conveyance taken without consent of owner
• Enter prescribed premises of any person without lawful excuse
The man was granted conditional bail to appear in Newcastle Local Court on Thursday July 26.