Illegally modified vehicles were the target of a Traffic and Highway Patrol blitz at Stockton on Saturday.
Working with Transport for NSW vehicle examiners, police examined 32 vehicles on Saturday near Stockton Bridge – 22 of those were issued with red labels and grounded while the remaining 10 were given a yellow label and a specific time to drive home.
As well as the defects, police also:
- conducted 125 breath tests with one male issued with a court attendance notice for mid range drink driving and driving while disqualified
- out of 30 drug tests, two drivers returned a positive result
- 3 suspended drivers were also issued with court attendance notices
- 30 speeding infringements were handed out including a P1 driver detected at 83km/hr on Stockton Beach which is restricted to 40km/hr
- 90 infringements for defects
- 40 other infringements including seatbelt and mobile phone offences on Stockton Beach